A few days at Oro Bay

Having grown up in the South Salish Sea, I spent a lot of time at various anchorages and spots that are still fun to visit. One of my all time favorites is Oro Bay, and I was there earlier this year with some friends and had the opportunity to fly the drone and explore via dinghy.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://seabits.com/a-few-days-at-oro-bay/

Without those shoals and bars, Oro Bay wouldn’t be so calm and snug!

1 Like

Thanks for the drone photos with the bottom contours. Convincing display of a perfect snug harbor. I always appreciate your well researched and presented trips and gear talks. One of the very best on the entire web.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words! The photos are very revealing!

I did not know about Oro Bay. Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Great story. Lots of helpful information here. Thank you.
You inspired me to visit this coming weekend, but I’m hoping
to pickup a college football game one night. What’s the cell service like there?
I know your cell reception will be better than mine but we have a PepLink and
External Signal booster currently. New and better setup coming in the future as we follow your recommendations.
Thanks again…great site.

1 Like

Hi @SteveM,
That particular location can be hard to get a good signal without an outdoor antenna. Your booster should help, but try it without the booster too - you might be OK without it.

I had the best results with Verizon and AT&T. T-Mobile was not very usable at all.

Thank again Steve. Appreciate your help.

1 Like